Spotify is regularly enriched with new features. The Sleep Timer function is one of the options that Spotify users have been asking for a long time and is essential for everyone how cannot rest without listening to their favorite music.
In fact, it is quite amazing that although Spotify has been around for 11 years, the programmers of the company came so long to realize that a timer would be something desirable in the application. In 2019 they finally brought it to their audience.
Before the release of this feature, if you wanted to take advantage of sleep timer in Spotify (or another music streaming application), we needed a separate app from the Google Play store. Download counters any other clock app hit results in hundreds of thousands and some managed to break the 1 million barriers.
And their task is often only this one small thing. After all, there is no need to install such applications. The sleep timer function is now built into Spotify.
Such an option is available on TVs too. Thanks to it you can avoid the all-night operation of the receiver when you fall asleep and the same can be done in the Spotify application if you are worried that you will fall asleep while listening to music.
Today we’ll show you how to set a timer so your sleep will be always calm.
What is a Spotify Sleep Timer?
You probably know the situation when you’re lying in bed and listening to your favorite music, audiobook or podcast and immediately you fall asleep when the app is still running.
You risk that the phone battery will run out or you just wake up in the middle of the night. Annoyed. To avoid that problem you should get familiar with the Sleep Timer feature.
Users of devices with Android may know this feature because it was introduced earlier than on the iOS devices. Last year Spotify added Sleep Timer feature on iPhone and iPad.
It’s quite simple: after a given time, the music will be turned off automatically.
How to use Spotify Sleep Timer on iOS?
Before you start doing the following steps make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the Spotify’s app from the App Store. Operating with the newest version of any app guarantees you access to all the freshest features!
1. Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad air.
2. Select content you want to listen to: playlist, podcast, songs, or just one track on the repeat (we don’t judge!)
3. Tap on the “now playing” section which is located at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the three dots located in the top-right corner
5. You’ll see the list of options. Scroll down and find the Sleep Timer option.
6. Choose a duration for your sleep timer. You can choose between 5 and 60 minutes.Choosing the duration of Spotify's sleep timer
7. The Sleep Timer will make the music stop playing when the timer ends.
How to Set Up Sleep Timer for Podcasts on Spotify?
You can also set a timer when listening to your favorite podcasts.
1. Open the Spotify app and select the podcast you want to listen to.
2. Tap on the “now playing” section at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the moon icon in the bottom-right corner.
4. Choose a duration for your sleep timer. You can choose between 5 and 1 hour or at the end of the episode.
5. The Sleep Timer will close the Spotify app when the timer ends.
If you don’t see this option yet, just be patient and check the application from time to time. Spotify says the feature is being gradually activated and will be available to everyone soon and everyone will be able to fall asleep easily with Spotify.