Creating playlists is a great way to organize your favorite music by genre, mood, or other criteria. With Apple's Music app, you can create, manage, and share playlists.
According to the company representatives, Apple Music has "tens of thousands of playlists." So if you've created a unique song composition, you can share it with your friends or the rest of the world. After all, playlists are designed to be listened to! So let other people discover your music taste - read further to learn how to share an Apple Music playlist.
Share your Apple Music playlists on iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC
Apple Music allows users to share playlists with other subscribers, but there is no way for multiple people to edit the same playlist - so only the creator can add or remove songs. With that in mind, you must find a suitable playlist or create it first to allow your friends to listen to your favorite music. The process of sharing playlists is almost identical for both iPhones and PC.
How to create an Apple Music playlist?
- Go to the Library section and tap the "New Playlist" button.
- Then you can name it and add a description.
- To add a photo, click on the camera button. You may also add an album art cover.
- The next step is adding music to your new playlist. To do it, search for songs, artists, or albums. To add music to your playlist, tap a plus sing. To finish adding songs to your playlist, tap "Done."
How to share Apple Music playlist?
To share the Apple Music playlist:
- Open the Apple Music app, and then find and tap the "Library" button
- Tap the "Playlists" button, and choose the playlist that you would like to share
- Tap "Share" and choose between available sharing options in a pop-up menu
- You may select a suitable share option - a link to the playlist or sharing via email app, text message, messenger, or another messaging app
Why can't I share my Apple Music Playlists? See the reasons!
The sharing playlists process is straightforward. However, in some circumstances, the sharing button may not be visible. Here are some reasons why this may be the case.
Problems with sharing Apple Music playlists can occur if you haven't created your Apple Music profile yet. Unfortunately, until you do it, you won't be able to share playlists.
If your playlist contains songs from your local files only, you won't be able to share it until you sync the playlist with the Apple Cloud Music Library. Turn on the "Sync Library" function on your iPhone or iPad to do it. However, in most cases, the playlist sharing problem occurs in the first case - if you haven't created an Apple Music profile.
How to Share Apple Music Playlist using Smart Links
It's also possible to share your Apple Music playlist across all streaming services using the Smart Links tool! It's an excellent option for Artists & Curators and music labels. Once you set up your smart link, it generates a unique, sleek landing page, which can then be shared with a broader audience. You paste a link to a playlist on Apple Music, Spotify, TIDAL - anywhere it is available. Whenever someone opens your smart link, they can preview your playlist and open it in the music streaming app of their choice. This way, you can easily share and promote your Apple Music playlist and get more streams and followers. Get started for free and create unlimited smart links.